Wow, it’s 2014. I will be turning 20 years old this year. AHHHHH! Midlife crisis! Jokes. But that is crazy to think… I swear I was 10 the last time I checked.
Anyway, I’m a little late to the New Year’s Resolutions party, but I’m here to do it anyway!
NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS!
- To be challenged, maybe not always, but often. I want to be tested emotionally, mentally, and physically. I truly believe that we cannot grow when we are constantly in our comfort zones. I want to live outside of this comfort zone and just do crazy things. I’m young and this is my chance to live.
- I want to get back in touch with my creativity. In high school, I was really passionate about singing and dancing and I want to get back into that. During my first semester of college, I focused too much on getting that 4.0 (which I was really close to… darn you A-!) that I stopped dancing and singing! I want to post at least one song cover a month this year! So watch out 2014!
- Work on maturing. I still feel very immature. I think that I need to learn how to deal with my emotions a lot more. Especially in the past few weeks, I’ve realized how I let my emotions really control a lot of what I say and do which really affects my relationships with people. I know I’m not perfect, but I want to be able to communicate my emotions to others much better in 2014.
- Learn how to cook from my momma. Food is an important feature in our culture and I definitely don’t want to lose my culture.
- Create a bucketlist of things that I would like to do this year. I want this list to be filled with places to visit, crazy abnormal things to do, little tasks I want to learn, etc. I want this bucketlist to help me be able to well… grow.
- Self-love. High school is over. All the unnecessary self-hate and self-criticism is over. I’m so done with the bullshit the media and society portrays as “beauty.” I’m so done with people who tell me I’m not good enough, because I am. So here’s to 2014. The year I will love myself. Every flaw, every scar, everything.
- Be able to work with kids this year. I am a kid-lover. I LOVE KIDS. They are just so innocent. Maybe it’s because when I see them and interact with them, they make me feel younger and more energized. (cue the rolling of the eyes as people point out that I am indeed only 19.)
- I don’t know if this one is do-able, but I would really like to help my high school find a way to really promote college. I think that a lot of kids from my former high school do not think about life after high school or much about their future and I think that has to be changed!
- Be fit! So typical! But this year, I’m finally serious. I want to be fit (not lose weight… BIG DIFFERENCE) because healthy body, healthy mind, right..?
Hmm… that’s all I could think of. I think that I will post my bucketlist up sometime soon so you guys can follow me with that too! 🙂